CANCELLATION POLICY (Tours & Treks)
SNG Tours & Treks is one of the few Tour Agents in Bhutan which has a friendly cancellation policy. Our cancellation policy is being established keeping in mind the interest of both the parties. Indeed, we have the most favorable policy.
Once all the Trips/ Tours are confirmed with the approved Visa with us, you are subject to the following cancellation charges:
- Full refund will be made for the tour cancelled 30 days or more prior to arrival date.
- Tour cancelled between 21 – 30 days prior to arrival date: 40% penalty of the total tour cost.
- Tour cancelled between 14 – 20 days prior to the arrival date: 60% penalty of the total tour cost.
- Tour cancelled between 8- 13 days prior to the arrival date: 80% of the total tour cost.
- Tour cancelled 7 days or less prior to the arrival date: No refund will be made.
In order to refund, the Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan (central bank) have to permit us to send foreign currency outside Bhutan. Once we are permitted we’ve to appeal to the Tourism Council of Bhutan to return the funds to you, as they are still holding them at that point since your tour has not yet run. This process of arranging the refund can take at least 3 weeks and even more during busy hours.
Also please note that when you make your payments it is booked with SNG Tours & Treks in local currency (ngultrum) at the then prevailing exchange rate in terms of US $. The refund shall take place at the current exchange rate of US dollars. In case if the exchange rate at the time of refund seems to be greater than the initial rate, we will refund only the amount received or left after penalties. But, very uniquely we follow the principle of refunding the entire amount (i.e. left after penalties) even if the current exchange rate falls below the original rate.
One more very essential thing that you need to keep in mind is that, if you have booked any nights in luxury hotels then we’ve to follow their cancellation policy. Therefore, we’ll be able to provide you with information only upon your request.
CANCELLATION POLICY (Flights)
Full fare tickets
The refund available upon the cancellation of reserved flights will be calculated according to the policy of the relevant airline as at the issue of the tickets.
The current refund policy for Druk Air is as follows:
- 90% refund for tickets cancelled 30 days or more before the date of travel.
- 75% refund for tickets cancelled between 29 days and 10 days before the date of travel.
- 50% refund permitted for tickets cancelled between 9 days and 4 days before the date of travel.
- No refund for tickets cancelled 3 days or less before the date of travel.
Off season reduced fare tickets
Off season is from June to August and December to February. Discounted fares are sometimes available. The rules vary from season to season, but most recently the following discounts were available:
- 30% discount on the seat price (plus taxes) for return tickets (except Kathmandu and Bangkok routings).
- 20% discount on the seat price (plus taxes) for one way tickets in to Paro and for any tickets on Kathmandu or Bangkok routing.
- No discount available for one way tickets out from Paro.
Different terms may apply in respect of changes and cancellation for tickets issued with the benefit of the off season discount. Please contact us for up to date information, as it is subject to changes regularly.
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
In addition to the above cancellation policies of SNG & Airlines, cancellation policy of different Hoteliers will be applied separately. Hotels to be contacted at the times of cancellation and apply their cancellation terms accordingly.
Note: Processing fee of 5% would be charged for the above mentioned cancellation policy.